Friday, May 17, 2013

Off to China!

In less than one week's time I will be on a plane headed to China; my first excursion outside the U.S.. For nearly 4 weeks, I will be traveling and study abroad on China's eastern coast for my Business and Economics in China class. I'm quite excited for this great opportunity and look forward to the many great experiences that are like to occur. While I've had the pleasure to be great friends with a Chinese international student during the past two years, I'm sure our conversations haven't even begun to cover all the cultural differences that exist. While I'm in China, the top three things I would like to learn are as follows: 1. I would like to learn about the differences that exist between marketing in the U.S. and marketing in China (and, if possible,  how the Chinese view their marketing when the target market is Americans), 2. I would like to learn how to speak better Chinese, and 3. Having lived in "white bread" communities all my life, I would like to learn how it feels to be the minority in order to gain a different perspective.


Please excuse the irregular blog posts while I'm away on this amazing adventure! :)

As part of my course work abroad, I will be keeping a mini daily blog on various cultural encounters. I will do my best to aggregate those posts here a couple times a week.

photo credit: revedavion.com via photopin cc

No comments: